Funding programme: POR FESR 2007-2013 Bando ATP (Aree Tematiche Prioritarie)
Start – end year: 2010 – 2012
TECNE’ Società Cooperativa
Consorzio Milano Ricerche
Università Luigi Bocconi di Milano
Comune di Sarnico (BS)
The final goal of Park-ID project is to test and set-up an intelligent transportation system for the perfect automation of the parking regulation and payment throughout the open spaces.
The project is addressed to the implementation of innovative management tools into the typical public space where the transports on the road have major impact on the mobility system and thus on the quality of life.
Urban traffic has heavy impact at economic, environmental and social level. In Italy, the present search for solutions to the traffic jam problem and the level of environmental pollution are always characterized by the contingent features of both national and local initiatives adopted. Main exception is the plan so-called Ecopass in a narrow area of Milano (i.e. downtown), that is different just for its structured nature.
Therefore, a more articulated system could support various measures: for instance, in Japan where they use satellite systems allowing to monitor traffic, to spread real time information to the freight operators and in particular to propose routes and loading and unloading hourly slots more rational and balanced by product categories and traffic density within different areas of delivery.
Partners have been designing and testing a new system for stops and parking regulation and payment, embedding two main components:
- a system based on an innovative use of the RFID Radio Frequency Identification technology in order to automatically detect the access of vehicles to the stop/parking areas in open spaces;
- an automatic cost debiting system to the customer, that allows to pricing and managing the parking flow in a way more flexible and adapted to the users’ profiles.
Consorzio Milano Ricerche activities concern
- the study and definition of the typical use profile of parking and vehicles, supporting the pricing policies;
- the design and set up of software components for the automatic identification of the parking areas use, together with the identification of homogeneous user groups;
- the design and set up of software components for automatic identification of relations between user groups;
- the participation in testing and evaluation of the project outcomes.