Milano Ricerche is a no-profit organisation (such a “Consorzio”) established in 1986 to promote and manage research and innovation through cooperative projects linking universities, research centres, industrial companies and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
While manufacturing and innovation cycles are shorter, research and development entail growing costs for SMEs. This matter, along with the demand to close the informative and managerial gap about public funding for R&D and professional training, defined Milano Ricerche mission, that is:
- to establish a permanent link between the academic world and industrial research
- to promote technology transfer towards SMEs
- to encourage and manage RTD projects
- to endorse the creation of new enterprises in high-tech fields
- to encourage research and development of new technologies
- to promote vocational training